Ambassador: One who is an accredited person that acts as a representative or promoter of a specified activity.
Our certified ‘AmBEESsadors’ communicate how we can all promote healthy urban habitats for bees and encourage knowledge about apicultural science.
You don’t have to like bees, or be around bees to BEE INVOLVED! There are many roles where you can help.
- Identifying and acquiring suitable property
- Property clearing, clean-up and maintenance
- Acquisition or construction of apiary equipment
- Gardening and watering – native plants and flowers
- Volunteer coordination / Meeting management
- Organizational finances and recordkeeping
We have several layers of volunteerism opportunities.
- Board Members are appointed positions.
- AmBEESadors receive some specific bee health, and hive health training.
- Adult Volunteers simply sign up and pitch in when and where there is a need.
- Current Volunteer Staff are: Angelica ‘Jellie’ Duckworth, Cameron Milton and Kiah Kintchen
- Student Volunteers earn service hours.
- MO Hives KC Youth Council: Jack A., Maria C., Cameron R., and Gabby L.
Email us at MOHivesKC@gmail.com to express your interest. THANK YOU!